Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Owen is 4! Michael has officially graduated from law school and passed the bar! And we are having a baby GIRL!!!!


                            
Owen the birthday boy…

What can I say, I love that boy so much and can’t believe how grown up he is. He is so in intuitive and bright. He is always thinking of others.  If I give him a treat he always make sure mason gets one too. One of my favorite things he was doing for a while was saving half eaten pieces of candy for when Michael got home. It was awesome and so adorable.  He would get out a cup put his have eaten sucker in and set it where it would be safe till dad got home. He loves yellow Laughfy Taffy.  So sometime we when we are getting gas for the car the boys got to pick out a treat.  I let Mason and Owen share one so the each got their very own half!  Without hesitation Owen broke his in half and said here mom did you get some? This is a normal thing for him to do on a day to day basis and I love seeing him grow and what a sweet and love hart he has.

Owen’s birthday party was a hit! We did a paw patrol theme.  Both boys love Paw Patrol and it is so funny because they can only watch it at grandma Nickell’s house because she has fancy TV.  It really is an adorable show.  They have all the songs mesmerized and most the episodes considering its new and there aren’t that many episodes yet.  So we have watched the same ones about a billion times!! Poor grandma Nickell probably has them mesmerized word for word as well… 

Because the show is so new I had to look all over town for Paw Patrol decoration. Everywhere I went them just kept saying they had just ordered Paw Patrol party supplies for the first time and were waiting for them to be shipped to them. Finally some nice worker at target found some in their system and got them out of the back so I would have all the stuff in time for the birthday party. I was able to get a few table cover some masks that looked like all the pups form the show, plates and tons of balloons with a very awesome birth day cake!

I really wanted to make this day special for him. Considering that this year he really understood that it was his birthday and had the opportunity to go to a few birthday parties for cousins and friends. So he was so excited because it was finally he’s turn.

It thought it would be fun to invite some of his friend from our ward and all his cousins that could make it. We decided that there might not be enough room in our two bedroom apartment so we used the church gym.  It was a good thing too. Because so many people we love came to celebrate with us.  We had planned a few games and grandma Nickell got him and awesome Ninja Turtle piata. The Nelson girls had made posters and colored and cut tons of paw prints that we taped all over the gym. We had pizza and cake and ice cream and let the kids run wild in the gym with all the balloons. It was so fun to see Owen so happy and so excited. I’m so gratefully to have such amazing friends and family to help me make life magical for my babies that I love so much!  We know it was for sure a huge success for Owen because it has been about three months since his birthday and he still asks me every day if he is turning five yet.


Baby girl!

Wow! We are so excited! When we first found out I think we or I was in a little bit of shocked… I’ve never cared weather it was a boy or girl.  I was just so used to being the mom of boys that I was a little caught of guard when we found out it was a girl. Owen has said he was going to have a sister since the very beginning. Anytime I would ask him what he thought we were having he would say girl.  I would very nicely, knowing our history of producing crazy little boys suggest that it might be a boy. He would very politely say no thanks mom. It was pretty funny.

We took the boys to the ultra sound. Which may or may not have been smart, but I wanted the boys to get to see that I wasn’t just making this up that we really were going to have a little baby. They were both so adorable and excited! Owen has already named her. Half the time she is penny like the girl on Bolt the other half she is violet from the Incredible’s. They include her in all our prayer and act as if she is already here. I know mason doesn’t quite understand what’s happening. But he for sure knows somethings different.  For a while he insisted that we call him the baby and would bring us blankets to wrap him up and snuggle him like a new baby haha.  It was really cute and so of course I would snuggle him.  Probably wasn’t helping the situation but how could I resist??? He seems to be fine now so I guess will see what happens when she arrives…

We are so excited and can’t wait to meet her in August. Let’s just hope we have a name for her… Girl names are hard!



Law School Is Officially Over!

Michael has not only graduated but already passed the bar and found a job! I am so proud of him.  He has worked so hard and sacrificed so much to reach this point. It has been an amazing experience for our whole family.  It hasn’t always been easy, but we have learned and grown so much as a family.  We have learned to trust more in our farther in heaven and relay on his guidance as we try to work our way through this life together. I know that these tools are something we will us for the rest of our lives. 

There are so many things I can say I enjoyed about our journey the past three years. And many I definitely am glad are over… But for now I’m going to stick to remembering all the good things. First off we went in to this having a very slim understanding of what it would be like.  It was just Mike and I with our little baby Owen and waiting for the day we would meet Mason for the first time.  Just two months into law school, right as mike was preparing for finals we got to meet our little Mason. As scared as I was to have our second little boy so far away from family it turned out perfect. 

When I came home from the hospital I felt as if we had gone from being the young couple with a little baby to being a family.  I feel as if it really set an amazing start to the beginning of Law school.

We learned very quickly to enjoy the little things and to be creative. And that I didn’t need to have a parade or but my kids the newest of everything for them to be happy.  They were just happy be with us and go to the park. Afternoons with the family are still some of my very favorite. The kids and I go on walk and to the park all the time. But for some reason when dad is with us it’s a party! 

I used to think that we were working towards goals so that we could raise our children in some magical house in the perfect situation.  And now I know that we are already doing that every day.
We might not have the perfected house or neighborhood and all the newest toys for our kids.  But our children know that they are loved and safe with us.  They know there farther in heaven and savior Jesus Christ as we talk about them often.  We do our best to give them all the love in the world. 

I used to think that Law School was some big journey for our family to overcome or work though.  I know now that life and find our way together is the real journey. As we work and continually progress together though this life I hope that we can always remember the end goal. And all the things that really matter in the end, I hope that as we continue on this journey together that our children will know the meaning of hard work sacrifice and loving life no matter the circumstances.  There have been a lot of hard days the past three years for both Michael and I. But learning how love life right where we are has made all of the difference.  I know that there will be many challenges and joys over the years.  I also know that by working hard and clinging to our little family that there will be many wonderful and amazing days ahead. 


I’m excited for life and all the new journeys ahead. I’m so glad that Michael and I get to share them with the beautiful children that have been given to us. I can’t wait to meet all of our children and see where life takes. We love you all so much!!! Onward and upward!


pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment